If you have a passion for technology, we can offer challenging and inspiring work tasks with the goal of preparing you for a further career at GKN. This year we have two job openings and we also encourage girls to apply!
Application deadline: 01.03.2023
Location: Kongsberg, Norway
Depending on background and interest, we can offer tasks in the following areas. The student will only work on one of the tasks, and we will match the student to the right task based on education, experience, and motivation. Feel free to mention which tasks you think might be suitable for you in your application.
- Zero Defect tool (Drawing interpretation, obtaining “current state PFMEA”
- Material testing in relation to the use of different tools
- Design of a fixture for a Mid-frame Case that is under development.
- Development of a digital system for knowledge sharing.
We are looking for students who:
- Studying within Material Technology, Product Development and Production or Machine and Energy, and having completed a minimum of 2 years of the degree.
- Has relevant experience from student projects, previous summer jobs, etc. (not a requirement)
- Can envision a career in the aviation industry
We are looking for someone who takes responsibility, demonstrates ownership, and has a proactive approach to the tasks assigned. We strive for a work culture characterized by open and honest feedback so you can feel free to challenge and bring new ideas to the table.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to contribute to ongoing projects where you will work closely with other engineers.
- Professional and personal developement
- Competitive conditions
- Holiday week 28, 29 and 30
How long does the summer job last?
Most jobs are 6-8 weeks, but this is agreed upon individually. We admit summer students as soon as the student is ready (usually early June) and finish when the studies start in August. The students will have a 3-week summer holiday in July.